Here is where you can expect to see Medina EC crews and contractors frequently during September.
- Crews with Allegiant Utility Services and Lamar Technical Services will be inspecting and updating equipment throughout our service area.
- These crews will be in the Hondo areas, where they will work until the end of September, D'Hanis, where all work should be completed by mid-October and Devine from September through November. As part of this work, contractors may be photographing Medina EC equipment and poles. Members in impacted areas have been notified by postcards and email, and they will get an email following the work with new account information they may want to record.
- Crews with LineTec are also replacing poles and installing equipment in the Pearsall, Big Foot and Frio Town areas.
- Line Tec Crews are still changing poles and transformers north of Hondo and Quihi areas.
- Osmose crews, formally QPI or QPIM, will be inspecting power poles in the Cotulla area. Inspections began in June and should be complete at the beginning of November.
- Line Tec will be rebuilding existing powerline along the west side of FM 471 north from CR 477 to FM 1957 due to the continual growth in this area.
- Line Tec will start changing poles along HWY 173 south of Hondo to Devine began August 3 and will be there for a month. Ahead of their work, Cedar Beetle will be clearing ROW in these areas.
- Line Tec will also start upgrading line in Natalia area from Substation going west along CR 669 to CR 5710. This started on August 5 and take two months to finish.
Tree Trimming and Vegetation Management Work:
You can learn more about our vegetation management program and see a map of where work is taking place here.
- Asplundh is clearing in the Natalia area, primarily in the areas around State Hwy 132, FM 463 and FM 471, and in the Devine area, primarily west of Devine along FM 2200 going towards Yancey. They began clearing in both these areas in March and will be finished by the end of 2020.
- Crews with IVM / Roadside Inc. will be clearing and spraying brush in various areas, including Bigfoot, Castroville, Devine and some other miscellaneous locations in our service area. The work will begin September 8 and be complete by the end of October. Work will start off in Bigfoot and go from there.
All Medina EC contractors have letters showing that they are an approved contractor along with the dates of the work. If you see someone suspicious, do not hesitate to ask them for their credentials. You may also call our office at 1-866-MEC-ELEC (632-3532) and our staff will verify contractor locations.