Here is where you can expect to see Medina EC crews and contractors frequently during October.
- Crews with Allegiant Utility Services and Lamar Technical Services will be inspecting and updating equipment throughout our service area.
- These crews will be working in the areas surrounding Uvalde where they will be until the middle of October. As part of this work, contractors may be photographing Medina EC equipment and poles. Members in impacted areas have been notified by postcards and email, and they will get an email following the work with new account information they may want to record.
- Crews with Linetec are replacing poles and installing equipment in the Pearsall, Big Foot and Frio Town areas.
- Linetec has started replacing poles in the areas south and north of Hondo. This work will continue throughout 2021.
- Crews with Linetec are also replacing 300 poles around Falcon Lake and Lake Casa Blanca. This work began in February and will be complete by the end of 2021. These replacements are part of HB 4150, passed during the 2019 Texas legislative session. Called the William Thomas Heath Power Line Safety Act, this bill specifies that power lines crossing certain lakes, including Falcon and Casa Blanca, must meet clearances mandated by the National Electric Safety Code to have clearances for sail boats by 12/31/2021. Medina EC will be replacing the poles within the floodplain of these lakes with taller ones so our power lines will have the clearances mandated.
- Crews with Exelon Clearsight are inspecting poles and wires between Charlotte and Fowlerton. They will be doing ground and aerial inspections and will be utilizing a drone for part of their work.
Tree Trimming and Vegetation Management Work:
You can learn more about our vegetation management program here.
MEC has several 2021 Vegetation Management projects this year. Work consists of trimming trees for line clearance and brush removal. Contractors and work areas are listed below:
- Cedar Beetle crews are working on right of way projects in the Hondo area.
- Rafter 7 Ranch Construction crews are working on right of way projects in the Hondo/Biry area.
- Pannell Co. crews have started right of way work in the Castroville, Natalia, and Devine area.
- IVM solutions is spraying regrowth in Devine and Natalia areas where ROW work was performed in 2020.
All Medina EC contractors have letters showing that they are an approved contractor along with the dates of the work. If you see someone suspicious, do not hesitate to ask them for their credentials. You may also call our office at 1-866-MEC-ELEC (632-3532) and our staff will verify contractor locations.