Here is where you can expect to see Medina EC crews and contractors frequently during October.
- Crews with Allegiant Utility Services and Lamar Technical Services will be inspecting and updating equipment throughout our service area.
- These crews will be in the Devine area from September through October. As part of this work, contractors may be photographing Medina EC equipment and poles. Members in impacted areas have been notified by postcards, emails and automated calls, and they will get an email following the work with new account information they may want to record.
- Crews with LineTec are also replacing poles and installing equipment in the Pearsall, Big Foot and Frio Town areas.
- Line Tec Crews are still changing poles and transformers north of Hondo and Quihi areas.
- Osmose crews, formally QPI or QPIM, will be inspecting power poles in the Cotulla area. Inspections began in June and should be complete at the beginning of November.
- Line Tec will be rebuilding existing powerline along the west side of FM 471 north from CR 477 to FM 1957 due to the continual growth in this area.
- Line Tec has also started upgrading line in Natalia area from Substation going west along CR 669 to CR 5710. This started on August 5 and take two months to finish.
- Line Tec will begin changing out poles and upgrading equipment in the Lopeno area. This work will start in October and will go through January.
Tree Trimming and Vegetation Management Work:
You can learn more about our vegetation management program and see a map of where work is taking place here.
- Asplundh is clearing in the Natalia area, primarily in the areas around State Hwy 132, FM 463 and FM 471, and in the Devine area, primarily west of Devine along FM 2200 going towards Yancey. They began clearing in both these areas in March and will be finished by the end of 2020.
- Crews with IVM / Roadside Inc. will be clearing and spraying brush in various areas, including Bigfoot, Castroville, Devine and some other miscellaneous locations in our service area. The work began September 8 and be complete by the end of October. Work will start off in Bigfoot and go from there.
- Crews with Cedar Beetle LLC. will continue clearing right of ways in Montell area along Highway 55, through the end of 2020.
All Medina EC contractors have letters showing that they are an approved contractor along with the dates of the work. If you see someone suspicious, do not hesitate to ask them for their credentials. You may also call our office at 1-866-MEC-ELEC (632-3532) and our staff will verify contractor locations.