Crews continue working. At this time, about 2.8% of members in Medina Co. remain without power. We have made significant progress but for the meters that remain off, it will take time. Many of these areas were difficult to access with the rain that had already fallen; the additional rain will make this work even more difficult. Crews are utilizing heavy equipment and in many cases will have to be pulled into / out of locations to make repairs.
Restoration Estimates: Please note - these are only estimates. With the current weather and rainfall predictions for this afternoon, these numbers and predictions could change.
Medina County - 320 meters total
- Taylor Lane / CR 531: About 40 meters. We are working to pull trucks in to make repairs; the rain has made this area very difficult to access. There are poles and conductors down that need to be replaced. Crews are on location; no restoration estimates available. We hope to have a better idea if all repairs can be made today or not once they are farther into the work.
- Valley View Subdivision / CR 5780: About 25 meters. Based on what we know at this time, we expect to have repairs made by 1pm. Crews are on site and have been working this area for several hours.
- CR 544, CR 543: About 30 meters. There are poles and wires down. Crews are on site. Based on what we know at this time, we expect to have power restored by 5pm.
- CR 1343 / VanDeWalle Lane / CR 4514 / CR 5710: About 40 meters. Poles are down and located in very difficult areas to access. Crews are working to get to it. We had crews in the area yesterday and they were unable to make repairs / access the areas. No restoration estimates available. We hope to have a better idea if all repairs can be made today or not once they are farther into the work.
- CR 642: 13 meters. Wire down in brush. Crews will have to walk in to do repairs. With ongoing rain, this area will be hard to reach. No restoration estimates at this time; we should know once the rain stops.
- Remaining meters without power are mostly individual locations or groups of less than 5 meters. Crews are working to restore those but at this time, the larger groups of meters are the priority. No restoration estimates at this time.
Frio County - 60 meters total
- Big Foot area: Crews currently on site and most meters will be back on by noon.
- Frio Town / Grass Farm: Crews will report here next. No restoration estimates at this time.
Uvalde County - 90 meters total
- Montell: Crews are on their way. Cause unknown.
We will post another update when substantial progress is made.
>> CEO Update ; https://youtu.be/XlGh2yujKys <<
- Report any new outages on SmartHub or by calling 1-866-632-3532.
- Do not approach downed power lines or poles. They could still be energized and are dangerous.
- Do not drive through flood waters. Turn around, don't drown!
- Unplug appliances and devices to prevent power surges to them.
- Keep refrigerators and freezers closed to help maintain the temperature.