Medina Electric Cooperative’s Operation Round Up program recently awarded $6,500 to residents throughout its service area.
Fifteen of these recipients, named below, were part of the Operation Grocery Give program and received a $150 gift card to H-E-B to help with the purchase of holiday meals.
- Amy Fisher, Castroville
- Brandy Key, Devine
- Cris and Jose Barrera, Roma
- Emily Dela Fuentes, Hondo
- Esther and David Hernandez, Hondo
- Jennifer Stelzig, Hondo
- Lucia Garcia and Javier Arjona, Rio Grande City
- Maria Del Carmen and Romeo Arjona, Rio Grande City
- Maribel Correa, Batesville
- Martha and Joseph Valero, Hondo
- Melinda and Gary Rheinfeldt, Cotulla
- Michelle Rodriguez, D’Hanis
- Naomi and Tiburcio Medrano, Devine
- Rebecca and Randy Martinez, Yancy
- Ryan Gonzalez and Liliana Silva, Natalia
The ORU committee also awarded $4,250 to families.
- Kristina Gulick, Dilley – $500
- Maria Mejia and Jesus Serna, Laredo – $1,000
- Maria Merino, Laredo – $250
- Patricia and Ben Valdez Jr., Sabinal – $2,500
Applications for ORU’s general donations are being accepted for 2023 and are due February 3. Applicants do not need to be members of Medina EC but must reside in one of the 17 counties served by the cooperative. Applicants must include a letter of why the donation is needed. For more information and to apply online, visit MedinaEC.org/ORU.
ORU is funded by the generosity of Medina EC members who opt to have their electric bills rounded up to the next whole dollar, by employees who donate through payroll deduction and by donations from individuals or organizations straight to ORU.