Here is where you can expect to see Medina EC crews and contractors frequently during July.
- Crews with Allegiant Utility Services and Lamar Technical Services will be inspecting and updating equipment throughout our service area.
- These crews will be in the Crystal City, Hondo and D’Hanis areas, where they will work until the end of August. As part of this work, contractors may be photographing Medina EC equipment and poles. Members in impacted areas have been notified by postcards and email, and they will get an email following the work with new account information they may want to record.
- Crews with LineTec are also replacing poles and installing equipment in the Pearsall, Big Foot and Frio Town areas.
- QPI crews will be inspecting power poles in the Dunlay and Biry areas, which they should complete by the end of July.
- Line Tec Crews are still changing poles and transformers north of Hondo and Quihi areas.
- QPI crews will be inspecting power poles in the Cotulla. Inspections will begin on June 8 and should be completed at the beginning of August.
- Beginning the week of July 6, Line Tec will be rebuilding existing powerline along the west side of FM 471 north from CR 477 to FM 1957 due to the continual growth in this area.
Tree Trimming and Vegetation Management Work:
You can learn more about our vegetation management program and see a map of where work is taking place here. You may see various contractors inspecting ROW in the area to prepare bids for 2020 work.
- Asplundh is clearing in the Natalia area, primarily in the areas around State Hwy 132, CM 463 and FM 471, and in the Devine area, primarily west of Devine along FM 2200 going towards Yancey. They began clearing in both these areas in March and will be finished by the end of 2020.
- Moralez Dozer Services will be clearing for system improvements in the Roma/Escobares area starting March 24 and will be complete by the end of the year.
- Concan Services, LCC, will be clearing in the Castroville and Bigfoot area. They began clearing on June 15 and should be finished by the end of September.
All Medina EC contractors have letters showing that they are an approved contractor along with the dates of the work. If you see someone suspicious, do not hesitate to ask them for their credentials. You may also call our office at 1-866-MEC-ELEC (632-3532) and our staff will verify contractor locations.