Here is where you can expect to see Medina EC crews and contractors frequently during January.
- Crews with Allegiant Utility Services and Lamar Technical Services will be inspecting and updating equipment throughout our service area.
- These crews will be in the Natalia area until the middle of January and then will be working in the Rio Grande City area until March. As part of this work, contractors may be photographing Medina EC equipment and poles. Members in impacted areas have been notified by postcards and email, and they will get an email following the work with new account information they may want to record.
- Crews with LineTec are replacing poles and installing equipment in the Pearsall, Big Foot and Frio Town areas.
- LineTec are changing out poles and upgrading equipment in the Lopeno area. This work started in October and will go through January.
- Line Tec has started replacing poles in the areas south and north of Hondo. This work will continue throughout 2021.
- Line Tec is upgrading lines in Uvalde around Garner Field Rd. This work should be complete at the end of January.
Tree Trimming and Vegetation Management Work:
You can learn more about our vegetation management program here.
- Contractor crews are in the Hondo, Natalia, Devine, Castroville, and Montell areas inspecting ROWs for future work. These contractors are not performing any work at this time and are only looking at areas to prepare bids. You may see these contractors inspecting ROWs: Asplundh Tree Expert Co., Cedar Beetle, Chemical Weed Control, Edko, FTS Monarch Mountain, McCoy's Tree Surgery, Rafter 7 Ranch Construction, IVM Solutions DBA Roadside Inc., Concan Services, Morales Dozer Service, Rocking H Construction.
All Medina EC contractors have letters showing that they are an approved contractor along with the dates of the work. If you see someone suspicious, do not hesitate to ask them for their credentials. You may also call our office at 1-866-MEC-ELEC (632-3532) and our staff will verify contractor locations.