The energy emergency has ended and ERCOT has returned to normal operating conditions. Thank you to all Medina EC members and fellow Texans for your patience and energy conservation efforts! As the extreme heat continues, we ask that you continue to be mindful of energy use.
Stay Updated: ERCOT Notifications
- Sign up for TXANS notifications on the ERCOT mailing list.
- Download the ERCOT app (available through the Apple Store or Google Play)
- Monitor current and extended conditions at ERCOT.com
- Follow ERCOT on Twitter (@ERCOT_ISO) and Facebook (Electric Reliability Council of Texas).
- Subscribe to ERCOT EmergencyAlerts, which are not sent through TXANS, and are only sent under emergency conditions.
Medina Electric Cooperative Notifications:
As always, Medina EC will monitor ERCOT grid conditions, conservation requests and energy emergencies. Medina EC will send notifications as quickly as humanly possible* for energy emergencies.
- Email to accounts with email addresses on file.
- Social media posts.
- News item to our website.
- Text messages to consumers signed up for MEC ERCOT text notifications. Sign up by texting ERCOT to 1-855-429-1119.
- You are also encouraged to sign up for ERCOT's Emergency Alerts.
*Please note: Notices are sent out as quickly as humanly possible. Phone lines are likely to be overwhelmed.