If someone in your home depends on an electrically operated health aid sign up for Medina EC's Life Support Registry.
Take these steps to prepare for possible power outages:
- Plug electronic devices into surge protectors and consider using uninterruptible power supplies on important devices.
- Consider investing in a portable generator to power vital equipment in the event of an extended outage. Consult with a qualified electrician before installing the device or look into leasing a GenerLink device for your generator.
- Keep an adequate supply of prescription drugs and medical equipment on hand in case a storm prevents you from getting refills.
- Keep a corded land line phone operating in your home, as cordless phones need power and will not work without it.
- Report all outages quickly by calling 1-866-MEC-ELEC (632-3532).
- Complete the Life Support Registry form.
If you or a family member are currently listed in the Medina EC Life-Support Registry and your address, phone number or life-support equipment has changed, please submit a new form with updated information.