June: Work Locations and Updates
Here is where you can expect to see Medina EC crews and contractors frequently during June.
- Crews with Allegiant will be inspecting and updating equipment throughout our service area. During the first half of 2019, their primary focus will be in Medina County.
- Crews with Medina EC and Allegiant will be visiting locations with meters on our load management program and checking them, along with equipment at the sites. This work should be complete by early June.
Tree Trimming and Vegetation Management Work
The majority of ROW work is done by contractors. You can learn more about our vegetation management program here.
- Cedar Beetle crews are also clearing ROW around Castroville. This work should be done by November 1.
- Crews with Asplundh will be clearing ROW in Bigfoot and Devine. This work began February 11 and should be complete by the end of November.
- Crews with Monarch Mountain will be clearing around Highway 57. This work also began February 11 and should be complete by the end of November.
All Medina EC contractors have letters showing that they are an approved contractor along with the dates of the work. If you see someone suspicious, do not hesitate to ask them for their credentials. You may also call our office at 1-866-MEC-ELEC (632-3532) and our staff will verify contractor locations.
Updating Member Information
In addition, the cooperative is working to update contact information for all members. If you receive an email or letter asking your to verify the information we currently have on file for you, it is likely from the cooperative. All correspondence will have current information printed on it, for you to either verify or correct. The forms will not be blank. Information we will be verifying includes name, mailing address, phone numbers, email and use of electricity. We will not ask for social security numbers, driver's license numbers, date of birth or any bank or credit card information. If you receive a letter or email and are unsure of if it came from the cooperative, please do not hesitate to call us to verify. All members that verify and/or update their information will be entered to win a $25 bill credit.