July: Work Locations & Updates
Here is where you can expect to see Medina EC contractors and crews frequently during July:
- Tree trimming and brush clearing work will be occurring in the following areas. You can learn more about our vegetation management program here.
- Green Glen and Creekwood subdivisions in Medina county.
- A large portion of Zapata and Jim Hogg counties and an area of Brooks County.
- Natalia - from May to the end of June. Cedar Beetle is performing this work on behalf of the cooperative.
- Pole inspections south of Batesville continue.
- Pole inspections in D'Hanis will continue until the end of October.
- Load management began June 1. Crews are out in the field checking equipment, so you may see them at your location if you are an irrigator who is part of the load management program.
- Work is being done on a line near the Fowlerton and Los Angeles substations.
- Crews with Allegiant Utility Services are doing meter tests for the cooperative and may be seen throughout our service area. This project will run during all of 2017.
All Medina EC contractors have letters showing that they are an approved contractor along with the dates of the work. If you see someone suspicious, do not hesitate to ask them for their credentials. You may also call our office at 1-866-MEC-ELEC (632-3532) and our staff will verify contractor locations.