August: Work Locations & Updates
Here is where you can expect to see Medina EC contractors and crews frequently during August:
- Crews with Line Tech Services are replacing power poles in the D'Hanis area. The work will continue until the end of 2018. Crews inspected poles in that area in 2017, and now replacement are being done as deemed necessary.
- Crews with Allegiant Utility Services are inspecting meters and equipment throughout the entire area served by Medina EC. They will be in the area until September.
- Southeast of Cotulla on FM 624, 4 miles of line is being rebuilt to accommodate increased load in the area. This project should be complete by the end of November.
- North of Natalia on CR 679, crews are rebuilding a small portion of line to also accommodate increased load in the area. This should be done by the end of September.
Tree Trimming and brush clearing work is occurring in the areas below. Unless otherwise noted, the work will go on during all of 2018. You can learn more about our vegetation management program here.
- A large portion of Zapata and Jim Hogg counties and an area of Brooks County.
- North of Castroville, towards Medina Lake.
- LaPryor, along Hwy 57 near Lone Star Land and Cattle Co.
- Freer, west near Hwy 44 and St. Hwy 59.
- Starr County
All Medina EC contractors have letters showing that they are an approved contractor along with the dates of the work. If you see someone suspicious, do not hesitate to ask them for their credentials. You may also call our office at 1-866-MEC-ELEC (632-3532) and our staff will verify contractor locations.
Updating Member Information
In addition, the cooperative is working to update contact information for all members. If you receive an email or letter asking your to verify the information we currently have on file for you, it is likely from the cooperative. All correspondence will have current information printed on it, for you to either verify or correct. The forms will not be blank. Information we will be verifying includes name, mailing address, phone numbers, email and use of electricity. We will not ask for social security numbers, driver's license numbers, date of birth or any bank or credit card information. If you receive a letter or email and are unsure of if it came from the cooperative, please do not hesitate to call us to verify. All members that verify and/or update their information will be entered to win a $25 bill credit.